Working with Sellware
Sellware was founded on a single overarching goal – to help our clients’ be successful with their online sales. Everything we do, and every tool we build, is designed to fulfill that goal.
If working for a fast-growing, client-centric organization appeals to you, then please contact us. We are always looking for great people with exceptional talent.
Were Currently Looking for –
Have Questions about our Team?
Full Stack Developer
You want to help build products that make a difference in the world and are enthusiastic to have the opportunity to help individual users become awesome. You’re going to come on board eager to start pushing the production deployment button, but with the empathy to always build with the customer in mind and balance speed of delivery with building quality in from the beginning.
You will be expected to interact with customers on a regular basis, take individual responsibility for features (from customer contact to final delivery), work with more senior members on larger efforts, and take part in continuously improving our product and company.
- 3-6+ years of experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or additional experience in the field
- High level of proficiency in at most of our Core Technologies below
- Fundamentals or better in at least a few other technologies (that don’t have to be on our list)
- Some experience using some form of source control and unit testing
- Experience troubleshooting and taking responsibility for small features, from design to user delivery
- Empathy for the end user and a desire to measure your work by both the customer value and technical quality
- A bias for action tempered with thinking about the implications of the work you’re doing
- Enthusiasm for the field and professional development/improvement outside the day to day job
We look for developers that are comfortable working in a team setting as well as working individually under their own responsibility. Regardless of experience level, all of our developers strive to learn more then they knew yesterday. We assess our developers not just on how well they do individually, but how much they help elevate the folks around them. We encourage growth of leadership and communication skills and encourage developers at all levels of experience to both take ownership of increasingly harder work and to work directly with users on small features and bugs.
Our development process is heavily influenced by Lean principles and a bias for action and borrows tools from a variety of sources. We challenge ourselves, our tools, and our processes to continuously improve. We talk to our customers early and often, measure completeness from the customer’s perspective, and challenge ourselves to deliver well-engineered software frequently.
- Strong skills in Java programming
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Strong background in OOP, UML, Object Oriented analysis and design
- Application frameworks including Spring, Maven, Eclipse, etc.
- Experience with REST web services.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- Experience working in high performing development teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools (eg. Jira, RedMine)
- Experience with various code versioning systems such as Subversion and git
- Design and implement data models and data access layer for new product functionality
- Ability to multi-task and switch context to changing priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills especially in a complex application stacks
- Experience in working with customer directly
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Mobile development experience is a plus